Monday, March 14, 2011

Want To Be A Part Of History?

Some more exciting news arrived in my email on Saturday! I received an email from Barbara Schmal, saying this:

"I am pleased to tell you that the Florida House of Representatives have created the Florida Cottage Food Act as a bill.  This bill will be heard on Tuesday and then it goes to the next committee, than the senate and finally the Governor.  I attached the actual bill for you to read.  The actual bill is on page 15 item 415.  I reviewed a copy of this bill last week but was not able to say anything.  Today Teddi Creamer called me to tell me the location of the bill and said it is now public.  You can follow the action being taken on this bill on the house of representatives website.  http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/default.aspx.

Go to Committees than to Business and Consumer Affairs, on the right hand side go to proposed committee bills (PBC) there you will find the bill that I attached.  On this page is where you can watch as the bill progresses. 
 
We all need to email the State Senate to let them know how important it is that they pass this bill, once they pass it than it will go to the governor. 
 
Thank you to everyone that has helped and supported me to get this action going.  I am so happy I emailed the Speaker of the House because he was the one to help us make this happen. 
 
Hang in there everyone, Florida will soon be the next state with The Cottage Food Act."

Once again, we are moving in the right direction! Here is a link to the section of the bill that contains the information for the Cottage Food Act. 

I also received another email from Barbara today, stating that it would great if we all could get involved again and email our senators, the next step to getting the bill passed! If you would like to find your senator, just visit this site to get started. Then enter your address or zip code to pull up the name of your senator and get emailing! The House of Representatives will be reviewing the bill TOMORROW!!!

No comments: